Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It's 2010 and do you have any goals for the new year? I decided not to do "resolutions" because they usually fall by the wayside quickly so I am approaching things a little different. My yahoo group members each pick a word that they use to describe their year and mine for 2010 is EMPOWERMENT. This stems from a series of articles I've read about procrastination. Which is what I am the queen of and it's time to get a handle on it. I wanted to find a word that described the opposite of procrastination and I believe empowerment is pretty spot on. I want to be empowered to take action on those things that I do have control over and also SERENITY over those I have no control over. For those of you who know about 12 step programs these sound a bit familiar, right? I was raised by alcoholics and have lead conventions for adult children so using these words feel right and comfortable.
For those who know me I have been having a love/hate relationship with my scraproom for YEARS!! Literally. On one hand I think it needs to be perfect, so I don't attack it. On the other hand I have too much scrap stuff, yes that IS possible so organizing it is overwhelming so, I don't attack it but keep buying. These are things I have to work on. So, thinking about the best way to get a handle on things seem to be on order but I still need to take action in order to actually be creative so space is imperative. I have "oozed" all over the house and it is uncomfortable for everyone. Chaos has been such a large part of my life over many years and since I turn 50, yes 50 this year, it's time to scale back and assess the needs. So, must purge! Donate, and feel free to create!
Watch 2010!!!

No comments: