Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday!

Ok, snow is EVERYWHERE!!!! Personally I think we've met our quota for the winter but somehow I have a feeling I'm wrong. That's Chicago for you. You know what, I really like living here. It's been "home" for a long time now and apart from the time we spent living in Hong Kong it's all my kids have known. I guess that whatever you grow up in becomes what you are used to. For instance, I couldn't see myself living in Alaska, but I guess if that's where I had grown up it wouldn't bother me. I lived in St. Louis for many years but I'd take chicago winters over them any day. Chicago is known as the windy city but that is because of the politicians full of hot air, not the wind! Did you know that? And as far as lake effect snow goes---if you look at a map, that goes to Indiana so I'm pretty safe though if you look outside you'd wonder where all the snow did come from!! lol

Last night I got my bedroom cleaned up. Dresser cleaned off, nightstand as well as the floor in front of it. I tend to do a lot of reading and puzzles in bed then drop them next to my bed so there was quite a collection. Oh, I have a sleigh bed that is pretty high that I have to jump to get into it so it's just easier to drop stuff than jump out of bed, put it away then climb back in. You know, I actually slept better without the chaos. I didn't realize that until now. Hmm. Interesting.

No comments: