Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Scrapbook Expo

This past weekend was the Scrapbook Expo in St. Charles, IL. I have been attending this event for so many years, taking classes and wandering the show floor looking at all the new products and this year was no exception. I only took 4 classes this year which is down from the 7 I took last year. lol I took 2 SEI classes. I love taking their classes because you not only get so much product but you get new techniques. No matter which class of theirs you take, no matter what year there is consistency. I save all the layout directions because I know they "work" with each other. Their albums in a box or albums in a bag have everything cut out, in order and all you have to do is put it together. I tend to add my own touches like inking edges, putting bling in different places and journaling. My wedding album is an SEI album. Of course it took me 25 years to do it but it is an SEI product line that I love. 

It was great to meet up with friends I hadn't seen in a while. Scrappers from near and far. People I met in the area and people I met in Utah who now live here! That is the fun part of our industry. The common bond we have. It's all about passing on of ideas and helping each other grow as crafters, as business owners and as friends. We are all put on this earth to help each other. Our legacy is the memories that we build each day and document for the future!

No comments: